Take a look at some of the handpicked varieties of high quality granite from our huge collection.
Read More About Granite :
Granite is the hardest building stone, and granite slabs and granite tiles occupy a prominent place among dimensional stones. Due to its hardness, resistance to weathering, capability to take mirror polish, fascinating colors and textural patterns, granite slabs and granite tiles are extremely popular.
The principal characteristics of granite also include high load bearing capacity, crushing strength, abrasive strength, amenability to cutting and shaping without secondary flaws, ability to yield thin and large slabs and – above all – durability.
Due to highly dense grain, it is impervious to stain. Polished granite slabs and granite tiles have achieved a special status as building stones globally. Granite is also used for wall cladding, roofing, flooring, and a variety of other interior and exterior applications. India is one of the largest producers of granites blocks and processed granite slabs and granite tiles.
Use of Granite :
- Used in Roadstone, building blocks, but has poor resistance to fire as it crumbles when exposed to intense heat.
- Traditionally the main use of black granite is in tombstones and other monumental items.
- Granite is widely used for various types of kitchen counters.
- It is always in demand because of it’s decorative applications, elegant trimmings and luxury finish.
- You can also find granite used in bolo cord slides, pendants, paperweights, bookends, lazy susan turntables, etc.
Physical Properties of Granite :
Physically, commercial granites are Hard, Compact rocks with fine to coarse grains of metamorphic or igneous origin.
|Hardness||6 to 7 on Moh’s Scale|
|Density||2.6 to 2.8 Kg/cm3|
|Compressive Strength||140 to 210 N/mm2|
|Modulus of Rupture||15 to 25 N/mm2|
Chemical Properties of Granite :
Chemically, they are igneous/metamorphic rocks composed of quartz, feldspar & ferromagnesian minerals like kriolite, chlorite, garnet, etc. A typical granite will have following chemical composition:
|CaO+MgO||Less then 0.5%|
|FeO + Fe2O3||2-4%|
|TiO2||Less then 0.5%|
|Loss On Ignition (LOI)||Less then 0.5%|